Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Fun


Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope you got a chance to read my guest posting on Strive For Progress. My girls and I made a quick and easy Valentine's day craft. One of the things I mentioned in my post is how much more fun holidays are now that I have children. Valentine's Day is no exception. Sure, there's the cards for preschool, cute little valentine mailboxes, candy, chocolate, singing cards (thanks to my dad for those). But even the most simple little things make my girls smile.


For instance, I decorated their door with some cut out hearts. Nothing fancy, but there was one for each of them with their name and a little message from Mom and Dad. This was a HIT! Even my youngest points to the hearts and says "MY valentine, Mommy." Such a simple little surprise.


I had picked up a couple little pieces of clothing when I've seen them on sale. Completely on accident, each of the girls had a piece that was decorated with hearts. What a perfect V-day gift! I just "wrapped" them in some Disney princess lunch bags with their name and some more hearts and set on the table so they would see them right away in the morning. The kids were so excited about their new outfits (and this mama saved a bundle buying heart decorated gear off season!).


And my special treat was making chocolate and vanilla coated strawberries. It's a quick treat to make, but something kind of special. Can't deny the deliciousness of them either!

Tuesdays are a busy day for our family with activities and standing appts. My hubby recognizes that and offered to take us all to dinner tonight too. Nothing fancy but he knows it's tough for me to get dinner ready on Tuesdays. His gift to me is giving me a night off from cooking. What a guy! It really is the little things that make Valentine's Day special for our family. Hope you all have a special day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment