Thursday, April 19, 2012

It's my 6th month birthday!



Wow! I can't believe it's been 6 months since I started this blog! It was a work in progress before the first post and it continues to evolve every week. As with most of my friends who keep a blog, I wish I was able to post more frequently. Some of my posts have been quite popular, others less so. I'm learning what works best for reading material by what is read and/or shared on Pinterest.

My original plans for content have changed. I thought I would share mostly crafts I did with my kiddos with other things added from time to time. I've found that although I love the kids crafts, it's not nearly enough to fill a blog. I'm always searching for new recipes to try on my family and share with you. I'm forever grateful to Pinterest to help inspire crafts, recipes or home projects.

As always, I have plans for a few posts in my head that I need to refine and write. I'm happy to take suggestions from my readers on potential posts, crafts, recipes, whatever! I've been a guest blogger on Strive for Progress and Mae has guest posted here. My friend Marj from go-Go-GROW! will be posting in the future as well. If any of you are interested in guest posting, please let me know.

My goal is to build my readership (is that a word??). I've started a corresponding Facebook page for Mama in Montana so please become a fan. I would appreciate sharing my page and my blog with your friends. And continue to Pin what you like for Pinterest. If you're a reader, please consider becoming a follower. You have and will see some visual changes to the blog, too. I was lucky to have access to every design program at my last job and now my designing is limited to Picasa. I'm learning what I can and can't do in there and hopefully I'll be able to do a few more things with the images. I'm no professional photographer, so you'll have to bear with me on that aspect. :)

If you are a blog writer and a reader, I'd love to help promote your page if you'll help me promote mine. Just post a comment and we'll get in touch.

Thanks again for taking the time to read my posts. This blog is something fun for me (which is why I'm ok with not posting daily). I'd love to expand my readers, but knowing there's folks out there who might check out something we do in our home makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment