Monday, October 24, 2011

Play with your food: Hot dog monsters!

Kids and food. They like it. They hate it. They eat everything (my kids). They eat nothing. Regardless, they all like to play with it. I know there are lots of moms who have done the train, plane, car trying to get their baby to eat a bite. I know there are lots of moms who disguise healthy foods so their kids will eat it. Here's a fun and easy little tip to make meals more fun.



You need raw hot dogs and uncooked spaghetti noodles. Break the spaghetti noodles in half. I prefer actual spaghetti because it's thick enough to go through the hot dog, but uniformly shaped. I'm a symmetry girl. Poke the spaghetti through the hot dog so part sticks out on either side. You can put as many (or few) as you want (think ant vs. millipede). Pop them in the boiling water and let them cook. As the pasta cooks it will get soft and noodle-y. Makes a great monster! My kids are still young enough that I cut the hot dogs for them to eat, so be sure to show off the monster before cutting. It loses its effect when it's in pieces. Have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment