Thursday, October 27, 2011

Craft Stick Flowers

Here's another craft from my archives (meaning one I took pictures for months ago but haven't posted). I get all sorts of magazines and catalogs in the mail. I look through them to get inspiration for projects for the kids. If I see something I like, I try to manipulate it so I can make it using the supplies I have at home (instead of buying more). This was one of those projects. I have a big box of the large popsicle sticks. We use them onesie-twosie for masks, but this was the first project where they were the primary craft supply. Depending on the ages of your children, they might need very little help from an adult. Mine was about half and half. There is a lot of down time for drying on this craft, so it's a good one that keeps kids occupied throughout the day. Here's what you need:

8 popsicle sticks (more if you use the small kind)
paint
2 pipe cleaners
craft glue (or hot glue with adult)

First, paint 6 popsicle sticks the color(s) you want your flower to be and the other 2 the color(s) of the stem. Let dry.


Glue the flower sticks into a pinwheel. Glue the stem sticks into one long piece. Let dry.




Wind one pipe cleaner in a little spiral. Glue to center of pinwheel flower.


Glue the stem to the back of the flower. Twist the pipe cleaner around the stem to make leaves. See? Super simple and VERY cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment